Enable AFP ACL support when using LDAP
Closed: Not To Be Fixed
ACL support for AFP shares should be enabled if LDAP is configured.
See this link:
FreeNAS already has ZFS ACL passthrough configured and it has PAM setup to do LDAP authentication. But, the `afp_ldap.conf` file for Netatalk is not configured and so no mapping is performed between POSIX uid/gid and UUID for ACLs as stored in LDAP nor is `options:acls` set on shares.
The end result is, it's currently not possible to manage ACL level permissions on AFP shares using the UUID model configured in LDAP (such as OpenDirectory bundled with OS X Server).
- Target version set to 19
- Assignee set to Josh Paetzel
This will be taken care of as part of the planned netatalk upgrade.
- Status changed from Unscreened to Screened
- Target version changed from 19 to 59
- Target version changed from 59 to 49
Turns out this requires modifying the LDAP schema to work.
Can you elaborate on this?
If its on the LDAP server side something needs to be changed, maybe i can help with some scripting on the Mac OSX OD part.
- Related to Bug #5751: AFP: unable to create folders after upgrade to 126.96.36.199 added
- Status changed from Screened to Unscreened
- Assignee changed from Josh Paetzel to Jordan Hubbard
- Status changed from Unscreened to Closed: Not To Be Fixed
- Target version changed from 49 to N/A
Also available in: Atom